Encouraging Women of Color to learn and play recreational golf
Clemmie Perry has worked for two Fortune 500 organizations (Lockheed Martin Corporation and Florida Power & Light Company), where she served as the E-Learning Training Manager for over 130,000 employees to design online content for highly complex and technical projects such as, Smart Grid Technology Modernization, Electrical Distribution Systems, Vault Design and Construction and SAP Financial Systems Implementations.
Leaving Corporate America in 2014, Clemmie Perry, founded Women of Color Golf (WOCG) and Girls On the Green Tee (GOTG-T), programs designed to increase minority women and girls participation in the sport of golf. Clemmie has always had a love for sports and is a former National Football League (NFL) Professional Cheerleader for two NFL teams: The Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders (6 years) and The Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders (1 year).
The first year accomplishments:
• Trained 138 women and girls in the basic fundamentals of golf from 4/1/2014 to 11/20/2015.
• Developed a strategic partnership with Golf.MyFuture.MyGame, Washington, D.C.
• Secured partnerships with Hillsborough Community College, Golfer’s Grail, Tampa Sports Authority and AMI Kids, to provide golf classes as an outreach program to the Tampa Bay Community.
• Started adult golf clinics in (2) counties at Rogers Park Golf Course (Hillsborough) and Wentworth Golf and Country Club (Pasco)
• Feature article in Forbes Magazine – Inspiring Women and Girls of Color with Golf
• Feature article on the Black Enterprise Website –Golf and Tennis Challenge
• Feature article in The African American Golfer’s Digest Magazine
• News Story on Fox 13 News
• Feature articles in Power Broker Magazine and the Florida Sentinel Newspaper
• Received appointment to serve on Golf 20/20 Task Force for The World Golf Foundation
• Received appointment to serve on Advisory Board for The First Tee, Tampa Bay
• Developed a customize curriculum for Women of Color Golf ( WOCG) – Golf-On-The-Go Quick Reference
• Received recognition from the World Golf Foundation, The United States Golf Association (USGA), Professional Golf Association (PGA) and Executive Women Golf Association (EWGA), for reaching a diverse audience of minorities, millennia’s and beginner players
Phone: (813) 892-0659
Mail: Women Of Color Golf
P.O. Box 75361. Tampa, Florida, 33675
Store (Shop for one-of-a-kind gifts):
Golf Attire - Polo Shirts - Full Zip Fleece - Caps - Vizors - Tote Bags